Monday, September 14, 2009

This Weeks Featured Shop My Small World




Hello my name is Katie and I live in Cheshire in the UK. Etsy has to be one of my favourite places on the Internet and I really wanted to be part of this amazing place, so in July this year I took the plunge and opened my own shop, which is called My Small World.It was so exciting finding I’d made my very first sale, which was a handmade scrabble tile necklace. Since then I’ve been working on expanding my range of handmade goodies, from my first listing which was a felt and fabric brooch, to more scrabble tile necklaces and now hand sewn and embroidered felt needle cases and card holders. I’ve been making things for as long as I can remember, my earliest ‘creation’ was a hand sewn felt handkerchief holder, which I made when I was 8 years old. The lining was sewn on crookedly and the embroidery was a bit of a mess but it gave me a love of making things, especially with felt as it’s so forgiving, doesn’t fray and comes in a range of great colours.Since my first attempt at sewing, I’ve taught myself quite a few different crafts and am always looking for that next project to ‘have a go at’. I’ve always liked the ‘teach yourself as you go along’ approach, as I’m impatient when it comes to learning, I just want to look at how something’s made and start having a go right away! Saying that, I’m extremely patient if I don’t get it right first time and will keep trying until I’m happy with whatever I’m making. The only craft I haven’t been able to master so far is crochet, I used to be able to crochet “granny squares” but then decided to try my hand at knitting. Ever since I picked up a pair of knitting needles I can’t figure out how to crochet at all. It’s so weird – am I the first person ever to un-learn how to make something?I’ve still more ideas in the pipeline for my new shop, I’d like to sell some of the hand sewn mohair teddy bears I’ve made and I’ve got more ideas for my handmade felt goodies.Now if only I could get my head around crochet….






Please visit her shop http://www.mysmallworld.etsy.com/ & be sweet retweet





1 comment:

  1. What a lovely feature! So nice to learn a little more about the seller behind mysmallworld! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...